Sustainability is important to making sure that we have and will continue to have the water, materials, and resources to protect human health and our environment.
- First and foremost, your Revel cellar will undoubtedly be the last cellar you ever own, and it will never end up in a landfill.
- We minimize the use of raw materials in our construction, such as using dowels instead of solid drawer bottoms.
- Most Revel cellars use no stains, paints or varnishes. Alternative materials may be used to meet custom design requirements, but the underlying philosophy is to minimize the use of any material that may compromise the environment within the cellar. This practice eliminates the possibility of wine taint from fumes, and is the most responsible choice for the planet.
- We use a low-VOC adhesive and no composite wood or petroleum-based products in our components.
- Our fabrication and installation processes are virtually waste-free. All material waste from fabrication is either reused or recycled. Components are shipped blanket-wrapped, so all packaging is reused.
- Finally, we operate our own business based on environmental stewardship and standards of practice promoted by leading environmental organizations such as the U.S. Green Building Council. We have developed and will soon be launching a new line of products made from recyclable and readily renewable materials that provide the high level of performance characteristics that our systems require.